“Mulder, mushrooms aren’t medication.
They taste good on hamburgers, but they don’t raise the dead.”
– Dana Scully
Fans of the television show The X-Files may have noticed that FBI-agent Dana Scully really likes mushroom.
Some may remember her love for mushroom-pizza, but it is mushroom-hamburgers that I have in mind for this month’s geeky recipe.
For this you will need burger patties, buns, ketchup, aioli, sweet potatoes, salad, blue cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms (champignon or any other type you like).
The Sweet Potatoes
1. Slice the sweet potatoes into “boats”.
2. Season with oil, salt, pepper and a few garlic cloves.
3. Bake in the middle of the oven at 200°C/400°F for 20-30 minutes.
You need to start feeling for softness after 20 minutes. Be carefull, as the switch between too hard and too soft happens very quickly.
If you are unsure if they are finished, the best way to check is to take a bite.
1. Start frying the burger patties in a frying pan with some oil.
2. Cut the mushrooms in slices, then put them in the pan to fry with the patties.
3. Cut the tomatoes and blue cheese in slices.
4. Assemble the mushrooms and blue cheese on top of the patties, and put them in the oven with the sweet potatoes for five minutes.
5. Warm the buns in the oven or in a toaster.
6. Put ketchup on the top half of the bun, aioli on the bottom half.
7. Place salad and tomatoes on the bun’s bottom half. Place the patty on top of that, then put on the top half of the bun. Place the baked sweet potatoes next to the hamburger.
A perfect little date for our two favorite agents <3