I think it is only natural to move from The X-Files to Supernatural, just like many of the creative minds behind that show did.
In Supernatural, Castiel is an angel who sometimes helps the main characters, Sam and Dean Winchester, who sometimes call him “Cass” for short.
As an Angel he does not normally eat, but at different times during the show’s run he has gotten in particular situations where he could or has had to eat.
For this casserole recipe, I have tried to incorporate some of the things he has enjoyed eating in those situations.
It is, as a result, a mess.
1. Make a burger patty mix, with whatever ingredients you prefer.
I used 400 grams of ground beef, an egg, half an onion, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
2. Cover the bottom and sides of a greased up casserole with the burger patty.
3. Boil 200 grams of angel hair pasta, then remove the water.
If you can’t get angel hair pasta, use spaghetti.
4. Make a simple tomato sauce.
I just boiled up 400 grams of diced tomato, added a handful of parmesan, and some salt and pepper.
5. Mix the sauce and pasta, and pour it in the casserole.
6. Cover the casserole with a few handfuls of crushed pork rinds that will act as the crust.
7. Let it all bake in the middle of the oven, at 200°C/400°F for 30 minutes.
The PBJ Sauce
1. Put two spoons of peanut butter, and one spoons of red-currant jelly, in a pot.
2. As you start boiling it, add one deciliter of milk and a spoon of butter.
3. Boil, then spice it up!
Serve the Cass’erole with a salad and some PBJ sauce on the side.
Serves three angels.