We are quickly closing in on the month of Halloween, and I wanted to reflect that in this month’s geeky recipe.
The result is a beety bloodbath of a dish, a feast fit for any vegetarian vampire, werewolf or cannibal.
(Serves 2 monsters)
1. Boil two large beets for 15 minutes, or just buy boiled beets.
2. Cut a small piece off each beet, so that they are flat on the underside, and can stand still on a surface.
3. Use a knife and a spoon to scoop out each beet into a bowl.
4. Take the pieces you cut off from the undersides and insides of beetbowls, and slice them into pieces. They should look like gory meat chunks.
5. Set aside two tablespoons of diced beets, and put the rest in a small pot.
6. Add 1,5 deciliters of water and a half tablespoon of vegetable bouillon powder.
7. Bring it to a boil, then mix it all together with a hand-held blender.
8. Adjust the taste with salt, pepper and a small squeeze of lime.
9. Serve the soup in the beety bowls, and decorate with the diced beet chunks you put aside earlier.
10. Watch out for vampires!
Continue Reading →