Zealous Homo Sapiens from When An Introvert Speaks asked me some very good questions in the comments of my Answering 100 Interesting Questions post.
Answering 100 Interesting Questions
I recently stumbled upon this article that claims to feature one hundred interesting questions to ask people.
So I figured it would be interesting to try to answer all of them!
Sunshine Blogger Award 2: Electric Boogaloo
I would like to thank BeardedGamer82 for my second Sunshine Blogger Award!
These blogger awards work as a sort of chain-letter interview, with the recipients nominating a new group and asking new questions at the end of their own post.
While I did that for my first Sunshine Blogger Award, I have started to just leave participation open to anyone who would like to answer these same questions, as picking nominees and questions takes more out of me than writing the post itself.
That said, let’s get to answering! 😀
1. What is your goal for your blog? Do you feel you have met it yet?
I started the blog to build interest in a card game I made in the hope that I could eventually crowdfund it on Kickstarter, but I quickly put that project on ice.
My current plan is for this to be the main outlet and archive for my upcoming comic, and all other future projects I’ll have.
Since I have yet to launch any big projects like that here, I do not think I can say I have met my goals yet, but I have found value in blogging in itself, and I have started many smaller projects that are worth something to myself because of it.
2. If you were given a free all expenses paid trip, where would you go?
I genuinely don’t know.
I love travel, but my favorite place is sitting on the couch with my girlfriend.
I guess we would just try to find the most crazy expensive holiday possible, since that would be our only chance to ever experience it.
3. Last book you have read?
I read ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ aloud for my girlfriend.
We read more adult fare separately, but it was kind of cosy reading a book from our childhood together.
4. Your favorite console of choice. PlayStation, Xbox , or Nintendo?
I started with a Nintendo 64, then got a Playstation 2, then a Xbox 360, then a Playstation 4, and now we also have a Switch and SNES.
I feel like I picked the best options for each generation.
At the moment we still have the PS3, PS4, Switch and the SNES, and I sometimes use a 3DS and my laptop and mobile for gaming.
5. Do you think Nintendo will ever just make games and skip producing consoles?
I feel like their pride will prevent this.
They see themselves as toy makers, not game producers.
6. With the success of the Switch do you think there is a market for a Xbox or PlayStation handheld?
Sure, if they are as good.
7. What’s the hardest thing about blogging to you?
I have put a scheadual of three posts each week on myself, each monday, wednesday and friday, and sometimes I am more tempted to skip a day than other times.
But I know that if i did not follow this schedule, I would never write, certanly not nearly as much as I have written because of it.
I have some great posts that would never have existed without that schedual, but probably some subpar ones aswell.
8. What is one movie you can watch over and over again?
Hot Fuzz – The Best Movie
Check Your Spam!
Most know that they should check their email spam-folder, but if you run a blog you also need to remember to check the spam-folder for your comments.
I just checked the folder for the first time in a month, and there were six comments from regular commenters, and apart from that there were only three actual spam comments.
I gave this post that title mostly so that I will be reminded to check each time I see it 😉
One of these comments was from the blogger petrel41, who invited me to take part in The Real Neat Blog Award.
Here are the questions, and my answers:
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Reddit, and at the moment, one single post on Reddit, as I have over 6000 views on my Thanos post from there.
Reddit can be a good way to reach a big audience, but they will likely only read whatever is linked to before returning to Reddit. And you may have to withstand some snarky comments there, even when the post is generally upvoted.
Better to reach a returning audience. A few of them may return, so it could be worth it.
2. What is your favourite sport?
Sunshine Blogger Award
I have been nominated by Lana Cole for this Sunshine Blogger Award!
It seems more like an interview than an award, but I’m sure I’m missing something 😛
Thanks Lana 😀
Here are the rules for being nominated…
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
Here are my answers to the questions Lana posed:
1. Twizzlers or Red Vines? We don’t have those in Norway, so Seigmenn.
2. Favorite super hero? Why you got to do me like this? There are so many good ones!
It would probably be someone from Marvel, but narrowing it down to just one is pretty hard.
Part of what makes that world great is how different characters interact, anyway.
Damn, these are hard.
Probably not any I actually enjoy, as there is usually peril in those.
If I can cheat and go with a TV-show, I’ll pick ‘Pushing Daisies’.
Only almost entirely pleasant world that came to mind at the moment.
4. If you could travel in time, would you go to the future or the past and why? The past, as I would know what I was landing in. In the future, the spot you arrive might be incredible dangerous at that time. When going to the past, you could check for dangers before leaving.