There are only a few days left of the first ‘Anubis: Dog of Death’ Kickstarter campaign, so now’s the last chance to get a print of Issue #1.
We have reached well over our funding budget, so the project will very likely be successful. So I figured I might as well do a wrap-up post about the project now, and tell you about some of the things we have achieved.
I reached out to a bunch of comic book websites before the launch of the project, and here are links to the results of that, at least the ones I know about:
So What Happens Next?
1. The Kickstarter campaign ends March 5th.
2. I send out a Reward Survey to all backers. It is important that they fill this out, so that I know where to send the rewards.
3. At some point in early March, my significant other will give birth to our first child, a baby girl! This will not impact how long it takes before people get the comic, but I may post less updates for a little while.
4. John Barry Ballaran will finish the remaining art for Issue #1. This includes the $100 backer portrait rewards and the limited edition cover.
5. I will make a pre-launch page for the Kickstarter campaign for Issue #2, so that I can include an URL for that in Issue #1.
6. We will send out the comic PDF as soon as everything is ready for that, possibly long before we send out the prints.
7. We send out the prints.
8. We launch the Kickstarter for Issue #2.
How does Kickstarter funding work anyway?
Every project creator sets their project’s funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers’ credit cards are charged when time expires. But if the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.– KICKSTARTER
So I guess I’ll just wrap this up by thanking you for reading my stuff! And if you have not done so already, check out the Kickstarter! I’m still rather happy with the Kickstarter video I made, so be sure to watch that with the sound on.
And if you know anyone who might like this comic, I’d love it if you would send them a link or mention it to them, or maybe even buy them a copy as a gift.